13 Words You Can Use to Replace and Erase 'Very' in Your Sentences (Stop Using 'Very)



Image by lisa runnels from Pixabay 

Very, as an adverb is a word frequently use to make up sentences both in discourse and writing. Users like and engage in using the word because they feel it is apt to show the dense of their conversations. In other words, many people make use of very because they want to show the degree of what they discuss.

Whereas, it is unknown that many other words can be used to replace very. Very is a just a word capable of destroying your sentences. A word fit to make your readers loose interest at once especially when you refuse to do without it in your paragraphs.

The word should not be used because it is uncouth. Thereby, making your sentences clumsy and indirect. Let us take a look at this example.

I met Shola at the boutique, she just finished with her hair and she looked very beautiful that I feel like holding her very tight to my body. My friend is now very fat and she was looking very good with her fitted gown. The gown is very colorful and I will also love to have something like that in my wardrobe. Anyways. I just hope to see her again.

If you are with me, you will agree that, very didn’t do any good to this write-up. It only loaded the work in an awkward manner. Moreover, it doesn’t regard the writer as a professional.

However, in order to halt using the uncouth word, eduvocabulary has dedicated time on lookout for words to be used instead of very. Endeavour to read to the end in other to be sure of how the above write-up can be rephrased.

13 words instead of very

1.      Very dangerous                                   perilous

2.      Very hungry                                          famished

3.      Very beautiful                                       pretty

4.      Very tired                                              exhausted

5.      Very angry                                             infuriated

6.      Very smart                                             brisk

7.      Very often                                              frequently

8.      Very colorful                                          vibrant

9.      Very happy                                             exultant

10.  Very simple                                            facile

11.  Very expensive                                      sumptuous

12.  Very fat                                                   obese

13.  Very tight                                                intimate

At this point, let us rephrase our initial write-up.

I met Shola at the boutique, she just finished with her hair and she looked pretty that I feel like holding her intimately to my body. My friend is now obese and she was looking attractive with her fitted gown. The gown is vibrant and I will also love to have something related in my wardrobe. Anyways. I just hope to see her again.

 

 Have you seen the difference? Guess your answer is yes and I am glad you noticed and learn something.  


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post